|The LRv3 add-on is installed to your Far Cry game with the help of the FCLoader program. Click the “Download” button to get the FCLoader, which will include the latest version of our Far Cry multiplayer add-on.
Please follow the installation steps below.
If you bought Far Cry off of Steam, GOG or Ubisoft Connect, you are good to go, as Far Cry will already be patched to version 1.40.
Once you downloaded the “FCLoader Installer” above, open the zip file and double-click the Installer.exe.
Select the path to your Far Cry directory and click “Next” to finalize the setup.
For CD/DVD installations the path commonly is:
Once the installation is done, the FCLoader will launch automatically. If it doesn’t, just fire it up by clicking the new icon you see on your desktop.
FCLoader v5.2 by Clivey
Now go to the options of the FCLoader and configure your settings. To do so, click on the “question mark” symbol. Please note that the Ubisoft log-in data is obsolete and is not needed anymore. Just leave those fields blank.
* As the FCLoader has to copy the individual patch files to your game installation directory, some players might need to run the FCLoader with admin rights to avoid errors.
* After starting the game with the LRv3 add-on, it will automatically look for updates and offer an upgrade in case a newer LR version is out. Please follow the on-screen instructions.
* 1.33 and 1.40 are official patches from Ubisoft/Crytek. If you want to play the Far Cry singleplayer campaign, choose either one of them.
* Patch 1.60 is a legacy multiplayer patch created by the community. To get support, please visit the official website: farcrypatch16.de
* XT3 and XT4 are legacy multiplayer patches made by shilka.net. They have been supported by the FCLoader since the beginning. To maintain the history of Far Cry and to conserve its evolution we haven’t removed any older community patches and/or similar Far Cry extensions, even though they aren’t actively used anymore.
If you got any error messages, installation problems or gaming issues, please take a look at our F.A.Q. page. If you can’t find a solution to your problem there, don’t hesitate and contact us via Teamspeak, Discord, the shoutbox, our forum or the contact form.
That’s it, start up your game and play some good old Far Cry with us! Have fun!